Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sugar Subsitutions

I never let a little thing like not having the correct ingredients keep me from cooking the dishes I love. Here are some sugar substitutions I have learned over the years to cut cost or to cut calories. :)

1 cup of sugar equals:

1 and 1/3 cup real Molasses
3/4 cup Grade A Maple Syrup
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Honey
3/4 cup fruit juice (reduce any other liquid in the recipe by 3 tablespoons)

When substituting you need to accept the fact that the dish will be different.

If you are having company over it might be worth a trip to the neighbors house to borrow that cup of sugar. It's not fair to your guests to use them as guinea pigs in your latest creation!

I have certainly had my fair share of "ewww that doesn't taste right. "

No comments:

Post a Comment